Shocking Follow up Stats on Nurturing You Need to know (to increase your sales conversions)
This past week I had a private coaching client of mine ask me to do a training on email marketing follow up stats and how it relates to conversions, so I did a little digging.
It didn’t take me long to stumble upon this mother load of shocking statistics brought to us by the folks over at HubSpot.
The First Shocking Statistics
- 44% of salespeople give up after one follow-up.
- 80% of sales require five follow-ups.
Some other Revealing Statistics About Following Up With Leads
Here are just a few of the results.
- Subject lines with more than 3 words experience a drop in open rate by over 60%. [source: ContactMonkey]
- Subject lines that create a sense of urgency and exclusivity can give a 22% higher open [souce: Email Institute]
- 40% of emails are opened on mobile first – where the average mobile screen can only fit 4-7 words max [source: ContactMonkey]
- Personalized emails including the recipient’s first name in the subject line have higher open rates. [source: Retention Science]
- 63% of people requesting information on your company today will not purchase for at least three months – and 20% will take more than 12 months to buy. [source: Marketing Donut]
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. [source: The Annuitas Group]
I filtered the huge list of statistics, as I wanted to focus on those that pertain to starting an online business, and I’ve discussed these in the video above.
You can see the entire list over at HubSpot (link below).
You can see the entire list on the HubSpot Blog.
Related: Increase Online Sales Using Ebooks
Leave a Reply